Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day 1

Saturday - February 16th


7:45 AM

Today is the big day!

I've just woken up and already I'm pissed off.. The frame of my glasses decided to break so now I have to go to the eyeglass store to see if they can be repaired and if not, buy new ones... Not a good way to start this new fast!

Irrespective of that, I said goodbye to real food in one of the best possible ways, having two crab cakes from our favorite seafood restaurant and ending it all with cake my wife made for my Valentine's day present.

As for the fast, the juicer came in on Friday and it's all setup and ready to go.  I was planning on going to the store each morning to get ingredients that should take me through the day.  I'll record notes on how much of each ingredient I bought and how much juice it yielded so by the time I go back to work on Tuesday I'll have a good idea of what I need to make and when.

Did I mention I'm really pissed off about these broken eye glasses?

Anyway - rather than create a new post for each observation, I'm going to create a chronological daily log with timestamp'd updates to record my experiences.
Check back later....

8:15 PM

So I made it through the first day!  It's a bitter sweet finale as I found out that one of the people in the group was suffering some severe ill effects from the juicing and has decided to go back to regular foods (although modified to keep supporting the rest of us).

As for me, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I've been dealing with a mild headache for most of the day and my energy levels in general are lower.  I've also noticed I'm much more sensitive to the cold weather.  That could have to do with me shaving my head practically bald!

The juices I made yesterday all consisted of apples, cucumbers, celery stalks, kale and lemon.  It has some good flavor and it's definitely a recipe I will be keeping around during this journey.  I read on a few other sites that it's good to keep a consistent recipe for the first few days so I think that's what I'll do (may swap out green apples for pears tomorrow) for the next few days then look at integrating new recipes next week.

Recipe:  2 apples, 4 celery stalks, 4 kale leafs, 1 cucumber, 1/2 lemon

I'm REALLY tired right now so I'm going to go crash and report back tomorrow morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment