Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day 7

Friday, February 22nd

10:28 PM

Easy does it....  Today was crazy day.  It started from the second I woke up and saw there were calls from the office.  I barely had enough time to shower, get dressed and grab a big jug of green machine before heading into work.  I got to the office a little before 6, had a glass of juice, and started to work.  Over the next  few hours I had a couple of herbal teas and before I knew it it was 11:00 and time for another green machine.  Then, in almost a blink of an eye it was 2:30 and my day was winding down... I don't know if it's the juice or the issues I was dealing with, but I can't remember a day passing by so quickly!  I left work around 4 but I felt like I only worked two hours.  I had tons of energy and focus leftover from the day.

I got home and made my own juice around 5 with a cup of chia seeds mixed with water for added protein.  For those who've never had chia seeds (yes, the same seeds you plant on a clay face "chi chi chi chia!"), when you leave them in water for 10+ minutes they form a gel like substance which helps with your digestive tract and on a juice fast you definitely want to make sure you're keeping things going down there so it's good to consume the chia seeds this way.  The only downside to it is it looks and feels like something Slimer from Ghostbusters shat out of its ethereal ass!  If you have an issue with textures, you'll definitely have a hard time keeping these down.

The fast is definitely working though.. While I'm not weighing myself until I get to the midway point in the biggest loser competition I'm in, I continue to notice improvements to my overall health.  I'm still losing inches around my waistline and might be ready to take another hole off the belt in a day or so...

Overall my mood is good and I'm still feeling pretty energized.  Normally by this time on a Friday I would be passing out from the grind a long week but I feel like I could keep going for a couple of hours with no problem.  Not bad for living on nothing but juice!

On a side note, I did find it more difficult to drink my homemade juice.  I may have to start looking at other recipes tomorrow.  I still have 3 weeks to go and I can't afford to have some sort of involuntary rejection to the green juices!

Second side note, I had 2 distinct dreams which while not as vivid, were still sharp enough for me to remember almost 24 hours later.  The first dream was me driving with one of my uncles, I think towards Canada.  We were driving through a severe storm and as we were crossing a bridge a series of tornado's started to touch down all around us.. The next one involved Tanya running some kind of seminar and it was filled with a bunch of my co-workers from both my current and previous jobs!  Lately I've been able to recall details of these "juice dreams" as I would an experience in real life... Maybe the juice is making me crazy!  Either way, I'm curious to find out what dreams I'll have tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment