Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day 3

Monday, February 18th

11:41 AM

I've made it through a second day!  The hunger pangs I experienced as I went to sleep didn't carry over to the morning and I woke up feeling a little refreshed.  Today is a holiday so my wife was sleeping in again.  I had a 12oz glass of Naked Green Machine and a Men's Health multi-vitamin for breakfast and for lunch I had a 25oz glass of the modified green drink.  This time I juiced the lemon by hand before juicing any of the greens in the Breville and it turned out ok!  It ended up tasting like an earthy lemonade; something you'd drink in the spring/summer with some rum in it!

As for today my mood is a little more upbeat.  My desire for real foods has diminished a little, but certainly not gone.  As I write this my wife is heating up a salisbury steak with mac & cheese Lean Cuisine and it smells AMAZING!  Who would have thought three days without food would make Lean Cuisine so appealing??  My stomach is grumbling now just thinking about it.  It's all about willpower though!  I got to where I am without it, and now I'm going to get to where I'm going with it!!

My energy levels are pretty high, but I'm still very sensitive to the cold.  I went out yesterday for about 10 minutes and I was absolutely freezing!  I don't think I'll be doing any outdoor exercises for a while.  Another fantastic side effect has been my breath... Since about this time yesterday, I've been experiencing this whitish/yellowish film on the top of my tongue which leaves me with some pretty bad breath and doesn't help the taste of water which I've been drinking a lot more of.  I went out to the store and bought multiple bottles of Listerine mouth wash to have at home and when I'm at the office.  Speaking of which, tomorrow will be the first day back to work since starting this fast.  I'm NOT looking forward to it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment