Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day 2

Sunday, February 17th


8:31 AM

So I made it through the night and reached my first new day post juicing.  I ended up crashing around 8:30 last night and save for a couple times I had to get up to pee, I slept very well!  I experienced a few vivid dreams throughout the night, the kind of dreams that you still remember an hour or so after you wake up.

Surprisingly, I feel pretty good this morning!  A lot better than I thought I would.  I'm still nursing a mild headache but overall my mood and energy levels are all pretty good.   We'll see how long that holds up throughout the day!

My wife sleeps in till 9 or so so I can't make juice from the Breville.  Shopper's saves the day!  They have the 64oz containers of Naked juices for 5 bucks!  Got a bottle of green machine which I'll be using at work and for mornings on the weekend.  So I've had my juice, water and multi-vitamin.  We'll see what the day brings and I'll report back later on today.

3:26 PM

So far so good today.  The headache I've had since yesterday is almost gone.  Feeling somewhat lethargic and definitely more receptive to the cold!  About an hour after each juice drink I'll start to feel the hunger pangs.  They'll last for however long it is until I drink the next juice.  Just about everything sucks right now, watching TV, getting on the computer, laying around doing nothing... The thought of having any kind of food is making me go nuts!

Also found out that we lost another from the group so now it's just Tanya and I doing the juice fast.  We're the ones that need it the most so it's good that we're both still doing it.

I modified the juice recipe somewhat for today.

Recipe: 1 cucumber, 2 celery stalks, 4 kale leaves, 2 large carrots, 1/2 lemon, 1 pear

This recipe yielded about 25 ounces of juice.  Two of those plus my green machine breakfast and I'm at about 60 ounces for the day.  I'm going to try to wait till 6 and then make another Breville juice for dinner.  Might go to the grocery store and get a Naked fruit smoothie as a "dessert".  I'll check back in before bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment